Our Parish Community joyfully welcomes you and your family at this special time! The Baptism of your child is a wonderful event both in the life of your family and for our Parish Community. Through the Sacrament of Baptism, your child will receive the life of Christ and become a member of the Roman Catholic Church. We are happy to be part of this important event and assist you as you bring your child to the waters of Baptism.
The Sacrament of Baptism for infants is usually celebrated on the first and third Sundays of the month at 1:00 p.m. in the Church.
In order for your child to receive the Sacrament of Baptism, we ask that you follow these guidelines and use them as a handy checklist in preparation for the celebration of the Sacrament.
Prior to scheduling a date for the Baptism, a few requirements must be met IN ADVANCE.
Arrangements must be made by calling the Parish Center, submitting all required paperwork in advance and meeting with a Deacon.
- Complete a Baptism Information Form and drop it off at the Parish Center or email it as an attachment to Julie@stleothegreat.com. It is a fillable PDF form. Please do not hand write the information (for legibility).
- Both parents are required to meet with one of our Deacons. The Deacon will be in touch with you to set up an appointment after receipt of the Baptism Information Form.
- A Sponsor Certificate – or Letter of Eligibility must be received from BOTH Catholic Godparents.
- Both parents and Godparent’s are required to attend a Baptismal Preparation Class Godparents may attend either here at Saint Leo’s or at the Parish where they are registered. A letter of attendance must be provided to us.
- After completing the Information Form, meeting with the Deacon, both Sponsor Certificates have been received at the Parish Center, and both parents and Godparents have attended a Baptismal Preparation Class, please call Julie (732-747-5466) to schedule the date for your child’s Baptism. No date may be given or scheduled until everything has been completed and all paperwork is received.